İsrail'in Küresel Sumud Filosu'na saldırısı Üsküdar'da protesto edildi
İsrail'in Küresel Sumud Filosu'na saldırısı Üsküdar'da protesto edildi
İçeriği Görüntüle

ADDS MORE OFFICIAL STATEMENTS

By Rabia Iclal Turan

WASHINGTON (AA) - Police in the US city of San Diego said on Monday they were responding to reports of an active shooter at a mosque, urging residents to avoid the area and remain indoors.

'SDPD is on scene at the Islamic Center of San Diego in the 7000 block of Eckstrom Ave for a reported active shooter. Please avoid the area. Updates to follow,' the department said in a post on the US social media company X.

Information on casualties, or the identity of a possible suspect was not immediately available.

San Diego Police Department told Anadolu that 'some people have been reported down.'

San Diego Mayor Todd Gloria also urged the residents to avoid the area and follow instructions from public safety officials.

'I am aware of the active shooter situation at the Islamic Center of San Diego in Clairemont and am continuing to receive updates from law enforcement. Emergency personnel are on scene and actively working to protect the community and secure the area,' he wrote on X.

California Governor Gavin Newsom's office said he had been briefed on the situation in Clairemont. 'We are grateful to the first responders on the scene working to protect the community and urge everyone to follow guidance from local authorities,' it added.

Kaynak: AA